What should I take into account when setting and adjusting my backpack?
Make sure your backpack is properly adjusted can really make the difference. Indeed, the more it is adapted to your person, the easier you will have to wear it over a long period. Let's see howAdjust Backpack.
How to adjust hiking backpack and properly position your backpack in six easy steps
1. Log all the straps: when you try it, make sure your backpack is filled with a realistic load and loosen all the straps before supporting it.
2. Position the hip fins: place the hip fins center on the top of the hip bone and fix the belt. If you place them too high, the belt will limit your size, if you place them too low, the hip fins will rub on your thighs.
3. Adjust the straps: finally pull on the suspenders. But not too tight, because the main load must always be supported by the belt.
4. Check the position: Ideally, the anchoring points of the straps must be placed between the shoulder blades. Thus, the shoulder padding will effectively cover the shoulders.
5. Adjust the sternum strap and close the loop: the sternum strap stabilizes the shoulder straps and is a standard feature on most Backpacks Deuter. Once you have found the right back length, the sternum strap can be adjusted up or down, curly and then tight. Make sure that in doing so, your breathing is not limited.
6. Stabilizing straps: by tightening the stabilizing straps on the shoulders and on the hip fins, the load is carried closer to your back for better control.
How to adjust your backpack: stabilizing straps
How to wear backpack hiking. You must take into account certain elements when you adjust the stabilization straps: if you do it correctly, your hike will be easier, but if you hurt, it may have the opposite effect.
Once your hiking backpack is properly adjusted, you can shoot the belt stabilization straps to transfer a larger part of the load, or release them for greater freedom of movement depending on the ground.
With large capacity backpacks, you can adjust the stabilizing straps of the straps: when they are loosened, they allow better air circulation when traveling on easier grounds. When tight, they pull the load closer to the body for better control when traveling on more difficult terrain.
During longer days, loosening or tightening from time to time the straps and stabilizing straps makes it possible to move the load between the hips and the shoulders in order to relieve them in turn.
Stabilizing straps are more effective when adjusted to an angle between 30 ° and 45 °.
With the trekking bags, the correct angle is obtained by putting it in a higher or lower loop on the body of the bag.
How to adjust Smaller capacity, and lighter loads, stabilization straps fulfill a different function. Here, they can be used to make progressive adjustments in the back length.
By loosening or tightening the stabilization straps and suspenders, you can adjust the bag position on your back. The angle to which they are adjusted in this case can be much smaller, even negligible.
If the base of the package is too high ...
Then the length of the back will be too large. The anchoring points of the straps are too close to the neck and the padding of the suspenders passes under the armpits, which can cause friction to the neck and arms. It also means that the load switch backwards. Being able to adjust the length of the suspenders avoids this.
Choosing the right back length also helps avoid this problem. The choice of the right back length is essential to guarantee a maximum amplitude of motion for the arms and ensure that the anatomical pad in the shape of the shoulders relieves the muscles of the neck. Thus, for small backpacks, be sure to select the size that suits you and for larger bags, correctly adjust the dorsal system.
If the base of the package is too low ...
Then the length of the back will be too short. The padding of the straps does not happen where it is necessary, the suspenders cut you and the suspenders slide more easily from the shoulders. This is a point that you should always be careful when you adjust your backpack.
Load, back length and carrying comfort: 3 essential aspects to adjust your backpack
For loads greater than 10 kg, or in particular for long distances, it is essential to have the right back length for carrying comfort.
This is why it is often preferable that the backpacks with a capacity of 35 liters and more are equipped with the system for adjusting the back length. In a few simple steps, the length of the back can be adapted to each individual.
For smaller capacity bags, it is more important to maintain the total weight at a low level. This is why, for these models, we offer different sizes: Regular, SL, El. Our backpacks are designed according to a medium -sized athletic person.